Like millions of people, you must be an Apple user too and the AirPods are a great addition to your gadget collection!
But even the mighty ones from Apple are prone to problems like Airpods stuck on flashing white light!
So, How to Fix AirPods Blinking White Light?
A simple solution to AirPods Flashing White Light issue is to place the Apple AirPods in their charging case. Then press and hold the setup button. While the LED is flashing white, open Bluetooth settings and try pairing again.
But sometimes, this solution doesn’t work and you have to try other methods as well.
Here are some other ways to fix AirPods Flashing White:
If you are using an Apple device with your AirPods which are one of the best earbuds for calls, make sure that it has the latest version of iOS.
Here is how you can repair AirPods:
- Place both AirPods into the charging case
- Charge the case to 100% battery level
- Switch on Bluetooth on your iPhone/Mac/iPad
- Try pairing your AirPods. If unsuccessful, try the next step
- Keep the lid closed for about 30 seconds. Open it after that time period
- Press and hold the setup button till you see the white flashing LED
- Try pairing them again with your iDevice
A white flashing LED on the AirPods denotes that the AirPods are in charging mode.
If they are stuck in that mode and unable to pair with your devices, then the next step would be to do a hard reset for the AirPods.
Hard reset AirPods Pro
To perform a hard reset on the Apple AirPods, follow the below steps
- Put the AirPods inside the case and close the lid
- After about 30 seconds, open the lid. Do not take the AirPods out of the case at this point
- On your device, activate Bluetooth and you should see the AirPods listed there
- Select the i symbol next to the AirPods, and Forget the Device
- On the charging case, let the lid be open and press & hold the button at the back for about 5-10 seconds
- Now you might notice an Amber LED appear. Release the button at this point
This process leads to a reset of the AirPods and disconnects it from all devices. To use them again, pair them with all the devices. You can follow the process mentioned in the earlier paragraph for the connection.
Quick Reset Your iPhone & iPad
To fix the flashing white LED issue, you might need to hard reset both the AirPods and the iDevice. Here are the steps to do it.
- Do a hard reset on the AirPods by placing them in the case and then pressing the button at the back of the case till you see an Amber LED
- Keep the power button on your iPhone/iPad pressed and the home button at the same time for about 10 seconds
- In case your Apple device is without a home button then press and hold the power button and the volume up button for 10 seconds to restart iPhone
- The device will display the Apple logo and reboot
Now both the iDevice and AirPods are reset. Connect them from the beginning following the process listed above. This should resolve the problem of the flashing white LED.
Why are my AirPods flashing white light?
AirPods flash white light when they enter into pairing mode. However, if the AirPod is stuck in the flashing white light mode, then it means that there is a connectivity issue.
This could happen due to several reasons like software bugs, outdated iOS versions, Bluetooth connectivity lags, and sometimes hardware failures.
What do the LED lights on the AirPods case mean?
AirPod and AirPod pro cases display LED colors like Amber, White, and Green. These are usually used to denote status for pairing and charging. Here are the details of each LED color.
No light – this simply means that the AirPods battery is completed drained out and you need to charge both the AirPod case and the AirPods till they have sufficient charge to be used.
White light – When you put the AirPods in pairing mode, that is when you will see the Airpods flashing white light. However, if they do not come out of that mode then it means that there is some problem with the pairing process.
Amber light – If the AirPods are in the case and you see the Amber light, then it means that the AirPods are charging. However, when the AirPods are out of the case, then it means that the AirPod case needs charging. A flashing amber light notification at this stage means that there is something wrong with the AirPods.
Green light – When the AirPods are in the case, the Green LED means that both the case and the AirPods are at 100% charge. If the AirPods are not in the case when you see a green light then it means that the case is completely charged.
In this article, we have listed almost all known fixes for the flashing white LED issue on the Apple AirPods. When you do troubleshoot this issue, follow all the steps mentioned the way listed in this article.
Hopefully, this will resolve any flashing white LED light problem you have with the AirPods. And yes, if nothing works then it’s best to take professional help to get the problem solved. Before you go check our answer to can you connect airpods to playstation and our skullcandy wireless earbuds pairing guide!