You recently invested in a pair of expensive Airpods and are enjoying your favorite music. However, every now and then you are getting disturbed as Siri is turning on automatically and interrupting your music.
What would you do? In this article today we will learn about why your headphones keep turning Siri on and how to fix the problem.
Why Do My Headphones Keep Turning on Siri?
The most common reason why Siri gets activated automatically is that you might have enabled Hey Sir functionality on your Apple device.
However, there could be other reasons such as
- You might be pressing the home button accidentally
- You may be unknowingly pressing the play button on your Airpods due to which Siri is turning on automatically
- If you activate the voice control unintentionally
- Or if there is any software or hardware related issues on your iPhone
Apple has been very careful while making its products as they give a lot of attention to its software.
Hence although it may look like Siri is turning on automatically but it may not be completely true. Siri could also be automatically turning on if accidentally or unknowingly you have been pressing the home button on your iPhone continuously.
However, do note that the latest Airpods and Airpods Pro have features where you can activate Siri hands-free which means the moment you call out Hey Siri her voice will pop out and she will be ready to listen to your commands and requests.
With the help of Siri, you can change the songs, control the volume of the songs, check on the Airpods battery life, skip a song, and many more such functionalities.
Stop Siri from automatically turning on while using your headphones?
If you are facing trouble with Siri turning on automatically while you are using your Airpods then the best way to fix the problem is by turning off Siri permanently.
To Stop Siri from automatically turning on:
- Go to settings on your iPhone and scroll down to Siri and search
- Toggle off all the three options that you get such which are Listen for Hey Siri, Allow Siri when locked, Press side button for Siri
- Once these three options are turned off, Siri will be disabled.
By turning off all the three options that you get you should be able to disable Siri from your device and there is no chance that you can accidentally activate her by pressing on any of the side buttons.
Another way to fix this issue is by disabling Siri from the Airpods which will also fix the problem.
How to Turn Off Siri on AirPods
To fix Siri from automatically turning on while using the headphones the best option that we would suggest is to disable Siri from your Airpods.
In order to turn Off Siri on AirPods:
- Step 1: Go to Bluetooth settings on your iPhone
- Step 2: Scroll down to My devices and locate your Airpods
- Step 3: Now next to your Airpods tap on the i icon
- Step 4: Scroll down and double tap on the Airpods
- Step 5: Tap either one of the Airpods to see the option which says Siri, play/pause, Previous Track, Next track, Off
- Step 6: Tap on Off
You should now be able to disable Siri from your headphones and be able to fix the problem permanently or until you turn her on again.
What is Siri?
As per Apple, Siri is a built-in voice-controlled personal assistant of Apple. She is present in all Apple devices including iPhone, Apple Watch, Airpods, MacBook, iPad, etc.
Siri turns on only when your phone thinks that you are trying to turn it on or trying to request something.
She can help and guide you with any questions that you ask her, navigate through GPS and also give her commands.
Why does Siri get activated automatically?
One major reason why siri gets activated automatically could be because of any hardware-related issues. If it is a hardware issue then somewhere the side button of your phone or the home button is getting triggered and needs to get fixed by a professional immediately.
Many times even after disabling Siri from the headphones there have been incidents when people have been facing unwanted voice interruptions while listening to their favorite song or watching a movie using their headphones. If such a situation arises you will have to check if the voice control is turned off in the Airpods.
How to turn off Voice Control in Airpods?
If your Airpods are still giving you issues although Siri has been turned off then you should disable your voice control from your iOS device.
To disable the voice control in AirPods:
- Go to settings on the iPhone
- Scroll down and click on Accessibility
- Scroll down and select Side buttons
- Click on it and a drop down menu will pop up
- Click on Press and Hold to Speak option
- You will now receive the option which says Voice Control
- Select Off now from all the options that you are given
Your Voice control should now be disabled from the Airpods. Please do note that to enable or disable Siri you need to have an internet connection but to disable voice control on your Airpods you do not need any internet connectivity.
We hope you enjoyed reading the article today and found it useful. We hope we were able to clear your doubts about Siri and the voice control feature too.
So, the next time you face any similar issue with Siri do not forget to check all the buttons in your phone carefully and see that you have not been pressing any button accidentally.